APPLYING TO SINTE GLESKA UNIVERSITY LPN PROGRAM
Deadline for the Licensed Practical Nursing Program is February 1st of each year.
ACT with a score of 18 or higher taken within the last 5 years or “Accuplacer Test” offered at the SGU Science Center. Contact to set up an appointment to take the “Accuplacer Test” if needed.
Completion of all General and Nursing prerequisites as indicated on the status sheet. Nursing classes must be completed with a “B” (80% or above).
Cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale.
Maintain a current Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) license.
For questions related to eligibility of courses transferring from another university, contact Cheryl Medearis, Academic Vice President (605-856-8117).
Application Form: In order to apply to SGU LPN Program, you must submit the application form and supporting documents. These include:
- a) Personal essay
- b) Immunization Record- Must be up to date. (Covid vaccine is recommended but not
- c) Physician statement of physical and emotional ability to perform required nursing
tasks. Must have been seen within the last year.
- d) References (3) These should be work or educational references. No family or friends.
- e) Official High school and College Transcripts must be submitted to SGU Registrar’s
Office by February 1 of each year.
- f) Applications that are not complete will not be considered.
Your contact person will be Marissa Bordeaux at 605-856-8284 or
- Interview: After the application form, supporting documents, transcripts, and TEAS test are complete, you will be notified and scheduled for a department interview.
- Letter of notification: Following your interview, you will receive a notification letter indicating whether you have been accepted. It is imperative that you keep an up-to-date e-mail and phone number. Check your e-mail once a day. This is our primary form of communication.
- You will do a criminal background check prior to the beginning of clinicals.
- Full immunizations must be completed by August 1. (Several of the immunizations are
given in a series and require time between doses. Plan appropriately. You will not be
able to start clinicals if you are not fully vaccinated.)
- Maintain a current CNA license.
- Maintain a 3.0 (80%) in every LPN or supporting class.